Burpee challenge at Extreme Martial Arts Chandigarh:
The burpee as know as squat thrust, is a full body exercise used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise. The basic movement is performed in four steps and known as a “four-count burpee”:
- Begin in a standing position.
- Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position, while keeping your arms extended.
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position.
- Stand up from the squat position and jump with your hands up in air.
Burpees will improve your muscular endurance, help you burn fat and develop a high level of fitness.
Your weight, metabolism, duration and intensity are determining factors for the number of calories you’ll burn while performing this exercise, but according to Harvard University, a 125-pound person can burn 240calories in 30 minutes. The burpee is a full body strength training exercise and the ultimate example of functional fitness. With every repetition, you will work your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs.
Target> 50 Burpees in ONE GO – (Time Period: One Minute)